The event in question is, of course, the VMCC Dorset Section’s 50th Anniversary Dinner held at the Henstridge Golf and Leisure Club on 13th September 2017.
With a turnout of over 93, coupled with an auction, raffle and an excellent buffet, a great evening was had by all. The auction raised £125 for Marie Curie and the toast to Ted Foote, our president who passed away earlier this year, was paid for by his wife Vivian who was unfortunately unable to attend but has sent us a card with her best wishes. In addition, the event was attended by Sam Cox who was one of the original members who started the VMCC Dorset Section 50 years ago and has only just stopped riding.
The event would not have been possible without the behind-the-scenes dedication and hard work of various members. In particular, many thanks to:
- Ray and Linda Dickinson plus other Committee members
- Phil Allen as Auctioneer
- Ken Druce for taking a day off work to help set up
- Rod Hann and Peter Miller for donating raffle prizes
- Peter Batton for donating magazines for the auction
- The catering staff (we don’t know your name!) for providing some truly excellent food
- Finally, those other unknown helpers that I’ve missed out.
And so to the photos…
Photos by Jonathon Hill:
Photos by Paul Wirdnam: