Here’s a Blast from the Past!
Maurice McGladdery gave me a USB stick at last night’s Club Night, so this morning, I’ve been sifting through various directories and files on it. It contains 250+ high quality photos of the First Weymouth Week held in May 2009, all taken by Mick Barraclough from the Sheffield Section and used here with permission — thanks Mick.
But it also has the route sheets, in PDF format, for the various runs held during the 2009 and 2010 Weymouth Weeks. These are certainly the finest route sheets I’ve ever seen on a VMCC event, so I include them here as perfect examples for all you future run organisers! In the meantime, I must speak with Maurice on how these were put together….
- 2009 Weymouth Week – WEYMOUTH RUN Sheets 1 and 2
- 2009 Weymouth Week – SHORT RUN Sheets 1 and 2
- 2009 Weymouth Week – SHAFTESBURY RUN Sheets 1, 2 and 3
- 2009 Weymouth Week – JURASSIC COAST RUN Sheets 1 and 2
- 2009 Weymouth Week – MUSEUM RUN Sheets 1 and 2
- 2009 Weymouth Week – PURBECK RUN Sheets 1 and 2
- 2009 Weymouth Week – EVENING RUN
Now, without looking at the route sheets above, how many places do you recognise? I’ve spotted Stourhead, Weymouth Pavilion, Mangerton Mill, Swanage Railway, Cerne Abbas, Wimborne Model Village, Portland Bill, Hardy’s Monument, Moreton, etc.
It looks to have been a great week with fine weather; sorry I missed it.