The weather was perfect yesterday for the 41st Veteran and Vintage Run. Who remembers last year? It was so hot, it was almost unbearable, with tarmac melting, bikes over-heating and rider’s sweating & swearing. But not so yesterday…
Rod Hann, the run organiser, tells me that 21 riders signed on at Leigh Village Hall. There was only one breakdown when a bike overheated and expired with no compression; that was Andy Hart from the East Devon Section — many thanks to Pete Dungey for the breakdown recovery service! After a midway stop at The Trooper Inn, Stourton Caundle, the route returned to Leigh where 33 people sat down for a nice lunch and generally a good day was had by all.
Prize winners were as follows:-
- Best Veteran = Colin Bentham (Somerset) – 1911 triumph
- Best Vintage = John Guy (Stonehenge) – 1929 Terrot
- Best Threewheeler = Ian Clarke (Wessex) – 1927 Morgan
- Combined Age = Bryan Pope (Somerset) – 1922 Royal Enfield Sidecar
- Most Original Machine = Andy Hart (East Devon) – 1929 Rayleigh